One day a tourist comes to the only hotel in a debt ridden town. Lays a $100 note on the table & goes to inspect the rooms.
Hotel owner takes the note & rushes to pay his debt to the butcher.
Butcher runs to pay the pig farmer. Pig farmer runs to pay the feed supplier.
Supplier runs to pay the prostitute, who in these hard times gave her services on credit.
Hooker then runs to pay off her debt to the hotel owner for the rooms she rented for her clients.
Hotel owner then lays the $100 note back on the counter.
The tourist comes down, takes his money & leaves as he did not like the rooms.
No one earned anything. But the town is now without debt & looks to the future with a lot of optimism.
And that is how the world is doing business today…
- Richard Dawkins at #ILFDublin discussing his latest book Science in the Soul https://t.co/jQJsPVMsEL 9 months ago
- Listening now to Arundhati Roy reading from her new fiction The Ministry of Utmost Happiness #ILFDublin https://t.co/kdSXwIb49w 9 months ago
- Just met Johnny Giles, one the Irish, Leeds and ManU greats! Legend... https://t.co/m8g9JHTn3K 10 months ago
- Attended today! Reader’s Day @ Mountain To Sea DLR Book Festival @mountainstosea #M2C2017, read blog post... tarunrattan.wordpress.com/2017/03/18/air… 12 months ago
- Brexit Blues: Why Dublin is Turning Into a Haven for Blockchain bit.ly/2jWV7Km via @CoinDesk 1 year ago